- Calories: 178
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0
- Sodium: 27mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
Bell Pepper and Farro Salad Recipe
Farro is a healthy alternative to rice and has a nutty flavor. Paired with sweet bell peppers, this healthy recipe for a savory farro side dish complements any chicken, fish or meat dinner.
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cook farro according to package directions, substituting water with chicken broth. In a large salad bowl, toss cooked farro, bell peppers and red onion. In a small bowl, whisk garlic, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Pour dressing over the farro mixture and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate salad, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 1 hour. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2013 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010